Solutions for lightning strikes and electrical disturbances.
From protecting structures such as buildings and bridges, through to protecting server rooms, at Technolab we have extensive, hands-on industry knowledge of lightning and surge protection applications.
We have a long-standing and successful relationship with the world-class products produced by Novaris. Whether the end need is an existing product or a specifically-created solution, our access to Novaris ensures a quick supply or a prompt turnaround.
As the distributor of Novaris in Tasmania, we can offer fast and efficient recommendations and quotations for suitable protection devises to protect your sensitive electronic equipment.
Novaris is dedicated to solving problems caused by direct and indirect lightning strikes and other electrical disturbances on power and data signalling lines.
All of our available products are listed in the following categories.
- All Novaris surge diverters with initial product code SD, SDN, SDD, SDPV, SDEV employ metal oxide varistor (MOV) voltage limiting components. These can be used for Main Switchboard Primary Protection, Distribution Board, Solar power System, Wind Turbine and final circuit protection.
Series Surge Protectors
- Engineered to provide excellent performance and economical protection. Ideal choice for space restricted applications.
- The Novaris range of surge filters is extensive, they range from 2 Amp DIN rail mount units designed to protect sensitive PLCs and process equipment; plug in units for final circuit outlets and up to 2500A per phase filters designed to protect major data centres.
- Ideal for point of entry protection for installations with highly exposed overhead LV power lines with no transformer.
- Novaris process control SPDs contain a combination of voltage switching components comprising gas discharge tubes, series impedances and voltage limiting components comprising MOVs and suppressor diodes.
LAN & CCTV
- All of our LAN & CCTV products have been designed specifically for their application to ensure your equipment is protected.
- Novaris manufacturers two types of RF coaxial protection.
- Those containing a gas discharge tube (GDT) are suitable for a wide frequency range up to 6 Ghz but must be chosen carefully taking into account the power on the line if used for a transmitting application.
- Quarter wave stub protectors offer exceptionally low let through voltages but are frequency sensitive.
- Our range of protection designed for telecommunications in highly exposed areas, twisted pair operations and RJ12 & RJ45 connections.
- We provide transient surge counters, alarm monitors and earthing clamps for specific purposes.