Solutions for lightning strikes and electrical disturbances.
From protecting structures such as buildings and bridges, through to protecting server rooms, at Technolab we have extensive, hands-on industry knowledge of lightning and surge protection applications.
We have a long-standing and successful relationship with the world-class products produced by Novaris. Whether the end need is an existing product or a specifically-created solution, our access to Novaris ensures a quick supply or a prompt turnaround.
As the distributor of Novaris in Tasmania, we can offer fast and efficient recommendations and quotations for suitable protection devises to protect your sensitive electronic equipment.
Novaris is dedicated to solving problems caused by direct and indirect lightning strikes and other electrical disturbances on power and data signalling lines.
All of our available products are listed below.
All Novaris surge diverters with initial product code SD, SDN, SDD, SDPV, SDEV employ metal oxide varistor (MOV) voltage limiting components. These can be used for Main Switchboard Primary Protection, Distribution Board, Solar power System, Wind Turbine and final circuit protection.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of surge diverters.
- MULTIMOV MSB Surge Diverter
- SDN All Mode Surge Diverter
- SD Surge Diverter Main Switch Board
- SDD2 DC Surge Diverter Low Voltage
- SDEV Extended Voltage Diverter
- SDH High Voltage Surge Diverter
- SDPV Solar DC Surge Diverter
Series Surge Protectors
Engineered to provide excellent performance and economical protection. Ideal choice for space restricted applications.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of series surge protectors.
- SSP3 – Series Surge Protectors – 3 Phase
- SSP1 – Series Surge Protectors – 1 Phase
- SSP 16mm Surge Protector – 1 Phase
The Novaris range of surge filters is extensive, they range from 2 Amp DIN rail mount units designed to protect sensitive PLCs and process equipment; plug in units for final circuit outlets and up to 2500A per phase filters designed to protect major data centres.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of surge filters for main switchboards and distribution boards.
- SGF – MSB Protection
- SFD3 Surge Filters 3 Phase DIN Mount
- Surge Filters 1 Phase
- Plug in Surge Filters 10 Amp 2 socket and 4 socket
- Plug in Surge Filters 10 Amp 6 socket and 8 socket
- Plug in Surge Filters 15A & UK 13A
- SFM – Surge Filter Protection up to 40 Amps
Ideal for point of entry protection for installations with highly exposed overhead LV power lines with no transformer.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of spark gaps.
Novaris process control SPDs contain a combination of voltage switching components comprising gas discharge tubes, series impedances and voltage limiting components comprising MOVs and suppressor diodes.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of process control solutions.
- SL Slimline Signal Line Protectors (Page One)
- SL Slimline Signal Line Protectors (Page Two)
- SSP Slimline Series Surge Protectors
- SLM Multiline Protectors
- RS Serial Port Protectors
- Load Cell Protector
- SL Range Accessories
- SPT – Surge Protection Tester
- SLT Threaded Instrumentation Surge Protection
LAN & CCTV
All of our LAN & CCTV products have been designed specifically for their application to ensure your equipment is protected.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of LAN and CCTV products.
Novaris manufacturers two types of RF coaxial protection.
Those containing a gas discharge tube (GDT) are suitable for a wide frequency range up to 6 Ghz but must be chosen carefully taking into account the power on the line if used for a transmitting application.
Quarter wave stub protectors offer exceptionally low let through voltages but are frequency sensitive.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of coaxial products.
- RF Equipment Protection (up to 3GHz)
- RF Equipment Protection (up to 6GHz)
- RF Equipment – Tuned Stub Protectors
- High Power RF Protection
Our range of protection designed for telecommunications in highly exposed areas, twisted pair operations and RJ12 & RJ45 connections.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of telephone protection products.
- RJ Modular Plug Protection
- SLD – Signal Protection High Energy
- KP Krone-LSA MDF-1Pair/10Pair Telephone Line Protector
We provide transient surge counters, alarm monitors and earthing clamps for specific purposes.
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of special products to suit your applications.
- Surge Indicator Panel
- EKIT Cable Bonding Kit
- Transient Surge Counter
- Earth Clamps 20kA
- Earth Clamps 100kA
- SPT Surge Protection Tester
Hazardous Area Protection
Please find below the link to the hazardous area protection product handbook which lists all intrinsically safe approved Novaris products.
Signal Line Protection
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of signal line protection.
- SL Slimline Signal Line Surge Protectors Page 1
- SL Slimline Signal Line Surge Protectors Page 2
- SLM Multiline Signal Protectors
Catalogues to download
Please find listed below catalogues of Novaris products to download for your reference.