Technolab provides solutions for protecting equipment due to lightning strikes and electrical disturbances.
From protecting structures such as buildings and bridges through to protecting server rooms, at Technolab we have extensive, hands-on industry knowledge of lightning and surge protection applications.
Technolab provides clients with the world-class products produced by Novaris. As the exclusive distributor in Tasmania for Novaris products for the past 30+years, we can offer clients fast and efficient recommendations and quotes for suitable protection devices to protect your valuable electronic equipment.
Novaris are proudly Australian owned and operated and have a research and development, testing laboratory and manufacturing facility in Hobart, Tasmania.
Whether the end need is an existing product or a specifically-created solution, our access and successful working relationship with Novaris ensures a quick supply or a prompt turnaround.
Novaris is dedicated to solving problems caused by direct and indirect lightning strikes and other electrical disturbances on power and data signalling lines.
Novaris has released Version 5.0 of their Product Handbook. The new handbook presents the Novaris range of products in a shorter format, highlighting the key product specifications in a clean and easy to read format. Download now to see the latest range
All Novaris surge diverters with initial product code SD, SDN, SDD, SDPV, SDEV employ metal oxide varistor (MOV) voltage limiting components. These can be used for Main Switchboard Primary Protection, Distribution Board, Solar power System, Wind Turbine and final circuit protection.
Listed below are the latest product specifications on the Novaris range of surge diverters.
- MULTIMOV MSB Surge Diverter
- SDN All Mode Surge Diverter
- SD Surge Diverter Main Switch Board
- SDH High Voltage Surge Diverter
- SDD Surge Diverters DIN
Series Surge Protectors
Engineered to provide excellent performance and economical protection. Ideal choice for space restricted applications. The SSP range has been designed for installation in circuits up to 63A.
Listed below are the current product specifications on our range of series surge protectors.
The Novaris range of surge filters is extensive, they range from 2 Amp DIN rail mount units designed to protect sensitive PLCs and process equipment; plug in units for final circuit outlets and up to 2500A per phase filters designed to protect major data centres.
Listed below are the current product specifications on our range of Novaris surge filters for main switchboards and distribution boards.
- PP Plug-In Surge Filters
- SFD Surge Filters 2A – 32A
- Hybrid Surge Filters 40 – 63A
- SFM Surge Filters 40 – 125A
- SFH Surge Filters 250 – 2000A
- SGF Spark Gap Filter
- SFD2 Two Phase Surge Filters for IT and DC power
Ideal for point of entry protection for installations with highly exposed overhead LV power lines with no transformer.
Listed below are the current product specifications on our range of spark gaps.
Novaris process control SPDs contain a combination of voltage switching components comprising gas discharge tubes, series impedances and voltage limiting components comprising MOVs and suppressor diodes.
Listed below are the latest product specifications on our range of process control solutions.
- SL Slimline Signal Line Protectors
- SL2/SLH2 Slimline Surge Protector
- SSP6A – Slimline Series Surge Protector
- SLT Threaded Signal Line Protectors
- SLT-Y – Y Adapter for SLTx
- SLD High Surge Current Signal Line Protector
- SLM Multiline Protectors
- DB – RS Serial Port Protectors
- LCP Load Cell Protector
- RJ45-1CB – C-Bus Protection Device
Ethernet & CCTV Protection
Listed below are the current products in our range of Ethernet and CCTV products.
- RJ45 – CAT6 and PoE Surge Protection
- SFD-C Combined Power and Signal Protectors
- CL – Coaxial CCTV Protectors
Coaxial & RF Protection
Novaris manufacturers two types of RF coaxial protection.
Those containing a gas discharge tube (GDT) are suitable for a wide frequency range up to 6 Ghz but must be chosen carefully taking into account the power on the line if used for a transmitting application.
Quarter wave stub protectors offer exceptionally low let through voltages but are frequency sensitive.
Listed below is the current product range available of the coaxial and RF protection products.
- Cx-3 RF Equipment Protection up to 3GHz
- Cx-6 RF Equipment Protection up to 6GHz
- CSTUB RF Equipment Protection Tuned Stub
- CEIA RF Equipment Protection up to 50kW
- EKIT Cable Bonding Kit
Telephone Line Protection
The Novaris range of protection designed for telecommunications in highly exposed areas, twisted pair operations and RJ12 & RJ45 connections.
Listed below is the current product range and their specifications on the range of Novaris telephone protection products.
We provide transient surge counters, alarm monitors and earthing clamps for specific purposes.
Please find listed below the current products and their specifications on the Novaris range of special products to suit your applications.
- SCD Surge Cathodic Decoupler
- EKIT Cable Bonding Kit
- EC – Earth Clamp 20 kA and 100kA
- SL2/SLH2 Slimline Surge Protector
- RPU-GDT Surge Protectors
- TCP Track Circuit Protector
- MPU Railway Signalling Protectors
- SFD2 Two Phase Surge Filters for IT and DC Power
- RPU Points Protection Surge Diverters
- SDD2 – DC Surge Diverter Low Voltage
- SPT Surge Protection Tester
- SIP Surge Indicator Panel
Hazardous Area Protection
Please find below the link to the hazardous area protection product handbook which lists all intrinsically safe approved Novaris products.
Signal Line Protection
Please find listed below product specifications on our range of signal line protection.
- SL Slimline Signal Line Surge Protectors Page 1
- SL Slimline Signal Line Surge Protectors Page 2
- SLM Multiline Signal Protectors
Catalogues to download
Please find listed below catalogues of Novaris products to download for your reference.